Pages

Sunday 21 February 2016

Banana and Blueberry Buckwheat Muffins

 I've been wanting to make something that I can take with me in the car for breakfast, we leave quite early in the mornings and I usually don't have time to get breakfast.
 So I'm not usually a fan of buckwheat, probably because I have mostly tried buckwheat pancakes and well they don't really have anything to hide that buckwheat taste. These muffins however have banana and blueberry which make them yummy!
Buckwheat happens to be gluten free and also has a nice texture to it when baked like this. Of course they are also lovely to have as afternoon tea!
If you'd like to make some too...
Blueberry and Banana Buckwheat Muffins
preheat oven to 180c

1 cup of buckwheat
1/4 cup of almond meal
1 teaspoon of baking powder
a sprinkle of cinnamon
Mix these dry ingredients in a bowl

2 mashed bananas
2 eggs
1/4 cup of honey
2 tablespoons of  melted coconut oil
1/2 cup of blueberries 
Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. 

Then add wet to dry and mix until all the dry ingredients are wet.
Spoon into a prepared cupcake pan, makes 12. Bake for 10-15 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment