Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2016

In My Memory Planner #2

I am mostly caught up with my memory planner being a week or two behind it not enough to make me feel overwhelmed, yet. In the next few days I plan to get back to it I have found a few things that help me keep on top of it and I thought I would share.
* Firstly have an easy way to print your photos if you want to include them, otherwise it will be a huge stumbling block. I have decided to stick with printing mine with my instax printer. Which means I don't need to worry about things like going to get photos printed or always having printing paper and ink here, as long as I have a supply of instax here then I'm good to go!
* Keep supplies simple and flat- this means stickers, stamps and washi tape are my go to supplies for my planner. It means that I don't have to riffle through all my supplies and it keeps the memory planner without bumps, it is a tad bit annoying to be working on a page that has a bumpy back
* Journaling in bullet points makes it fast to record lots of memories. I'm not super worried about having perfect writing (but I should probably work on it) I am more concerned with getting quick memory jolts in there that can help me remember what we were doing that day, including the boring things.
* My last tip would be for those who struggle to keep on top of an ongoing project like this is to look at your calendar and work out when you can allow time for it, then set alarms on your phone! this year I have put alarms for printing monthly photos and for sitting down to do project life and it has made a world of difference. We plan for all the things we hate to do- appointments and meetings we should also plan for things we love to do.
*Also my motto 'perfection doesn't live here- joy does!!' leave perfection behind and just make something !

No comments:

Post a Comment