Pages

Thursday 27 October 2016

Christmas Challenge #40: Kellie Stamps Christmas Letter Box

I've been playing with lots of paper products lately and this time I thought it would be fun to make a little letter box for my boys and I to exchange letters in over christmas. I also thought this would be an awesome idea for Elf on the Shelf if you have one, your kids could receive letters from your elf in this little letter box and may be even send some letter in it.
I found the cut file for this box in the silhouette store, I simply cut it with white card stock and then covered it with the red polka dot paper.  I did make one adjustment to the letter box and that was that the door was seperate and I didn't want my boys to loose the door so I cut a diagonal in the side of the door and then glued the bottom part to the main part of the letterbox so that the door just folds down. 
With the door and the flag it has two moving parts. I then stamped a Kellie Stamp from the Merry Joy release, I was originally going to stamp another sentiment like "lets get merry and send letters" but I ended up leaving it. I liked it how it is ;) I then added a flower that I had coloured with some dylusions ink and then fussy cut some leaves to add to it as well.
I just had to add another Kellie Stamp to the flag that says joy, because when isn't it a joy to receive some mail! We don't have a mail/letter box where we live so this is going to be such a treat!
I'm loving that this could be a fun little thing to display in my home over christmas. It could be used for lots of things....you could put an advent treat in it each day for your kids or loved ones. I'm pretty sure that my boys are going to have a lot of fun with this one!
In fact I'm pretty sure that they are going to have a lot of joy joy joy whenever there is mail in there!
You can find this Christmas stamp HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment