Pages

Saturday 22 October 2016

Christmas Challenge #38: Kellie Stamps Shaker Ornaments

This month I am a guest creative team member for Kellie Stamps, which of course I am super excited about. This months set Merry Joy is such a perfect set for Christmas crafting, you could do so much with this set and I am especially looking forward to using them in my December Daily album!
It was kind of a perfect match with all the christmas things I am making ;)
 My first project with these stamps was some shaker ornaments! I'm in love with how these turned out! 
What I really love about this stamp set is that I don't have to skate around the winter themed stamps because there aren't any and although it does not have any winter themed stamps it also doesn't have summer ones either which means EVERYONE can use it!
I'm especially fond of the magical stamp, I think it could be quickly becoming one of my favourite stamps!


  So how did I make this shaker ornament..... I used a star shaped nesting die to cut the edges of my star- I had to cut about 10 of them to make the star nice and thick. I cut one of the larger stars and used that as the back. I didn't have any acetate so I completely cheated and laminated a laminate sheet, it has a little bit of a speckled look but it is clear enough and is definitely a more convenient option!

I then stamped the word on the lamented sheet with embossing ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Then adhered it all together putting some sequins and glitter inside! I then added a ribbon to the back. Easy Peasy!
Excuse my gluey hands, that what happens when you are christmas crafting all the time ! ;) 
 Oh, I totally love both merry's, I cant decide between them!
I made them in a few sizes an I think they would make a lovely gift!
You can check out Kellie Stamps Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment