Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Mamie Made a: Dream Catcher

I love Pinterest, I am so often pinning things that I would love to try making and a dream catcher was one of them. I had seen so many wonderfully creative and pretty dream catchers some with beautiful ribbon and bows and some even with cute tassels. So it was time to give it a go and try making my own cute dream catcher.
I had collected things to add to my dream catcher some feathers, wool, cotton, bead and a metal hoop. But my dream catcher ideas did evolve and I had originally tried making some pink tassels and some feathers with gold glitter on them but these things didn't finish up on it in the end.
I also ended up adding a second hoop that I wasn't originally planning on but on the morning of my making my eldest son Blake informed me that one circle is for good dreams and one is for bad, I'm not sure how true this is (or how much I believe in it) but I wasn't about to go against my new professor in dream catchers!

  This make didn't take long to whip up, may be a total of 1 1/2 hours, the longest part was wrapping the wool around the hoops an threading the beads onto the wool.
I hung my dream catcher in a few places before I finally decided to hang it in our bedroom, and I have to say I am totally loving it in there. It is quite large the big hoop is about 30cm across. Not only was this a super fun make it was also really a cheap make the hoop cost about $2 and the feathers came in a bag (I have a tonne left over)for about $2 and the rest I already had on hand here.
I'm loving my dream catcher and loving Pinterest for inspiring me to give it a go!
 Have you made anything inspired by Pinterest or do you just have a tonne of things you would like to make.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have this on my to make list for some time! Yours looks absolutely amazing, I love it!

    ReplyDelete