Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Mamie Made: Laundry Liquid

This morning I whipped up a batch of homemade laundry liquid. Ahhh I love this kind of making its so good for the soul to make something that will be used every day, it makes you feel so productive without actually having to do much at all!
The lovely recipe is from Rhonda at the Down to Earth Blog
 and you can find the recipe and instructions here
 What I love most about this liquid as apposed to making a powdered form is that you can add an essential oil to make it smell lovely. This time I used English Lavender which you can find here. Also I just want to let you know that we have grey water here so I leave the borax out (this also makes it even cheaper to use) and we have had no problems with it at all.
 If you love the idea of making your own laundry liquid this is such a simple recipe, it took me about 20 minutes from beginning to end. I now love this liquid although sometimes store bought powder does make its way into our home, my husband has super sensitive skin and there are very few products that don't make him come out in a rash. This laundry liquid never does!
 I have some glass containers that live in the laundry that I like to use especially for this laundry liquid  and use a store bought scoop to transfer it into the washing machine, it has a kind of jelly constancy when its bottled and set so having a scoop nearby is handy unless you put it into bottles then you can just pour some out.
Its such a lovely start to a Monday morning, hope you had a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea...but does it really clean the clothes well-love dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great I must give this a go. Does it work out cheaper than store bought? T x

    ReplyDelete